Detail of an old poster circa 1977.
- S: (n) evening, eve, even, eventide (the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall)) "he enjoyed the evening light across the lake"
- S: (n) evening (a later concluding time period) "it was the evening of the Roman Empire"
- S: (n) evening (the early part of night (from dinner until bedtime) spent in a special way) "an evening at the opera"
- S: (v) flush, level, even out, even (make level or straight) "level the ground"
- S: (v) even, even out (become even or more even) "even out the surface"
- S: (v) even, even out (make even or more even)
Definition of "evening" from Princeton's WordNet