Saturday, June 18, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
for Russell. *hugs!*
- S: (n) flap (any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge; hangs loose or projects freely) "he wrote on the flap of the envelope"
- S: (n) dither, pother, fuss, tizzy, flap (an excited state of agitation) "he was in a dither"; "there was a terrible flap about the theft"
- S: (n) flap, flapping, flutter, fluttering (the motion made by flapping up and down)
- S: (n) flap (a movable piece of tissue partly connected to the body)
- S: (n) flap, flaps (a movable airfoil that is part of an aircraft wing; used to increase lift or drag)
- S: (v) roll, undulate, flap, wave (move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion) "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
- S: (v) flap (move noisily) "flags flapped in the strong wind"
- S: (v) beat, flap (move with a thrashing motion) "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"
- S: (v) beat, flap (move with a flapping motion) "The bird's wings were flapping"
- S: (v) dither, flap, pother (make a fuss; be agitated)
- S: (v) flap (pronounce with a flap, of alveolar sounds)
Definition of "flap" from Princeton's WordNet
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
back at work.
- S: (n) coffee, java (a beverage consisting of an infusion of ground coffee beans) "he ordered a cup of coffee"
- S: (n) coffee, coffee tree (any of several small trees and shrubs native to the tropical Old World yielding coffee beans)
- S: (n) coffee bean, coffee berry, coffee (a seed of the coffee tree; ground to make coffee)
- S: (n) chocolate, coffee, deep brown, umber, burnt umber (a medium brown to dark-brown color)
Sunday, June 12, 2011
from Union League Cafe, CT
- S: (n) union, labor union, trade union, trades union, brotherhood (an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer) "you have to join the union in order to get a job"
- S: (n) Union, North (the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War)) "he has visited every state in the Union"; "Lee hoped to detach Maryland from the Union"; "the North's superior resources turned the scale"
- S: (n) coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual union (the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes) "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring"
- S: (n) union, unification (the state of being joined or united or linked) "there is strength in union"
- S: (n) marriage, matrimony, union, spousal relationship, wedlock (the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce)) "a long and happy marriage"; "God bless this union"
- S: (n) union, conglutination (healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones)
- S: (n) union (a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations) "the Soviet Union"
- S: (n) union, sum, join (a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets) "let C be the union of the sets A and B"
- S: (n) union (the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts) "lightning produced an unusual union of the metals"
- S: (n) union (a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner))
- S: (n) union, unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure (the act of making or becoming a single unit) "the union of opposing factions"; "he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays"
- S: (adj) Union, Federal (being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War) "Union soldiers"; "Federal forces"; "a Federal infantryman"
- S: (adj) union (of trade unions) "the union movement"; "union negotiations"; "a union-shop clause in the contract"
Definition of "union" from Princeton's WordNet